By best-selling paranormal author Joni Mayhan
You see it the minute you log onto your favorite social network. Someone is angry at someone else for something they did. Someone hates this or someone hates that. These same people will post similar status updates later in the week with more doom and gloom. Are some people just programmed to notice the negative?
According to the Laws of Vibration, everything in this world vibrates with frequency. Every man, woman and child vibrates, as does the floor beneath your feet, the trees in your yard and even your thoughts and feelings. Some vibrations are high, like music, laughter and expressing your creativity. Others, like stress, arguments and a poor diet lead to low vibrations.
If you live a low vibrational life, you will attract more bad things into your life. This is the Law of Attraction. Like attracts like. If you feel as though you are caught in a perpetual rut, you probably are. The only thing that can change this is an overhaul of your personal vibration.
Ways to increase your vibration
1. Let go of the things that weigh you down. If you hate your job, look for another one. If you find yourself surrounded by negative people, find a way to reduce your contact with them.
2. Eat healthy. Processed and fatty foods bring down your vibration. Eating healthy fruits and vegetables not only makes you healthier, but it also makes you happier.
3. Dance frequently. Music and dancing have been proven to be two of the fastest ways of raising your vibration. It allows your energy to flow freer and helps you release stress and pent up energy.
4. Practice gratitude. Be thankful for the things you have instead of grumbling about the things you don’t have. Think of it this way: the universe isn’t going to give you more if you don’t appreciate what you already have.
5. Seek out the good things instead of worrying about the negative things. I ran over a nail in my car, forcing me to spend three hours in a tire store to have it replaced, but I didn’t grumble. The three hours gave me a well needed rest to catch up with my friends on social media. I was also happy it happened in a parking lot instead of halfway to my thousand mile destination.
6. Hang out with other high vibrational people. Laughter is contagious and so is a good mood. Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself. It will alter your entire day.
7. Get enough sleep. People who are sleep deprived tend to be easily irritated. Try getting to bed earlier and eliminate as many distractions as you can.
8. Pets. Is there anything happier than a dog at the door when you get home from work? Pets are naturally high vibrational creatures. Tune into them and allow them to rub off on you.
9. Meditate. We know that meditation is good for our overall well being, but it can also give you the inner peace that leads to a higher vibration. Just ten minutes a day might be enough to lift you higher.
10. Do what you love doing. Break down the obstacles and allow yourself to enjoy your life. Don’t wait for the weekend, or until you hit a specific milestone. Enjoy it now. Make changes in your life so you can do what you love. Why waste another minute being unhappy?
These aren’t quick fixes. They will take time and practice to change your mindset, but it’s definitely worth the effort. Soon, you’ll find nothing but good things flowing into your life, drawn there by the positive energy you radiate on your own.
Joni Mayhan is a paranormal investigator and the author of 11 books, including Devil’s Toy Box, The Soul Collector and Bones in the Basement, all available on Amazon.com. To learn more about Joni, check out her website Jonimayhan.com.