Marion has always been afraid of water. The phobia was so ingrained, she didn’t even like to take baths. She couldn’t understand why she felt the way she did, considering she never had a bad experience with water. She simply didn’t like it. When a friend offered a past life regression to help her uncover the issue, she was quick to accept it.
According to Dr. Brian Weiss, the author of Many Lives, Many Masters, numerous issues we experience as human beings can be traced back to a past life.
In his book, Dr. Weiss talks about a patient he treated named Catherine who was plagued with many phobias. She was afraid of water and choking, to the point where she was afraid to swallow pills. She was also afraid of airplanes, the dark, as well as having a profound fear of dying. Dr. Weiss attempted to help her with traditional methods, but when those failed, he resorted to hypnosis, revealing several past lives that explained her unfounded terror. Once each phobia was uncovered, relating to a direct event that happened to her in each life, the phobia vanished.
How would you know if you’ve had a past life? The signs are all around you. Here are ten indications that you’ve experienced previous incarnations.
1. You often look for the deeper meaning behind situations.
2. You need ample time alone.
3. You tend to be more spiritual versus religious.
4. You allow things to happen, trusting that fate will see you through.
5. You have always been mature beyond your years, never quite fitting in with your peers.
6. You tend to trust your gut instincts.
7. You don’t measure your life by the things you possess, but by the experiences you’ve had.
8. You appreciate the simple things in life and notice the beauty surrounding you.
9. You are drawn to certain time periods and eras.
10. You are empathetic towards others and are a good listener.
Many people who undergo a past life regression hope to learn that they were once kings or celebrities, but this isn’t usually the case. Hopeful to learn you were once Cleopatra? More than likely, you were a peasant working at the palace. The odds are against you, considering there was only one Cleopatra and thousands of servants. What you might find though, is that the past life influenced your current life. You might not have been Louis Armstrong, but another musician, whose talents transcended time.
For Marion, she learned that her fear of water was rooted in another life. In that incarnation, she was a dressmaker in Victorian England who was murdered by her husband. How did he kill her? He drowned her in a bathtub.
Since uncovering her past life, Marion’s fear of water has subsided substantially. While she’s not likely to swim the English Channel, she can now walk into the ocean without fear of drowning.
If you would like to discover your past lives, seek out a hypnotherapist who specializes in past life regressions or explore the various guided meditations online and do it yourself.